Aftercare Support Programme: Moving on Up
Empowerment Plus provide support for young adults from the age of 17 transitioning from Care into independent living or returning home.
Here at Empowerment Plus we recognise the vital role Foster Carer’s, Residential Staff and Social Workers take in helping prepare a young person for entering adult life and our aim is to continue this support in partnership with TULSA Aftercare teams and the young person by offering support.
EPlus management meet with the Aftercare team and the young person being referred to determine what level and type of support is required. This support remains flexible and needs led and is regularly reviewed.
Aftercare Support Offers
- Independent Living skills
- Seeking housing
- Securing employment/Education or training
- Developing financial skills
- Creating links between services
- Supporting the young person to develop strong links with his/her local community
- Mental & physical health including diet, lifestyle, drug & alcohol education, relationships & sexual health